Saturday 4 July 2015

Thought to make an Urdu version of the American Declaration of Independence


Sometime back I was searching for the Declaration of American Independence in Urdu, I could not get that, lately, I decided to translate the whole document on my own and put it up on my blog for those who want to read that in Urdu. I took out free time for that and little by little I translated it to the best of my understanding, you know there are things which become absurd when you translate as it is to some other language, the whole motive fails, thus to make the absurd translation more tangible to Urdu readers, I tried being bit rhythmic. Instead of names of signatories I thought their painting would do a better job.
I thought over when to put this on my blog, finally, I thought what could be a better day than 4th July. If any discrepancies are there please help me sort that out. Exactly after 239 long years here comes the Urdu translation.
Sincerely, I think it’s a tiny little respect and homage from me to great men behind this document, in particular Thomas Jefferson.

No comments:

Post a Comment